Welcome to my Corner of the world!
I am a HUGE fan of Life, and other Sparkly things!
I have NO clue what I am doing with my blog, but things are defiantly changing, and it feels
ACA-AWESOME!

#KeepinTheSparkleAlive #FindYourHAPPEE #FindYourSparkle #TeamInnerSparkler #OregonLynn

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Help Save The View Point Inn- Twilight's Prom Scene Destroyed in Fire

Fire may have claimed the life of this historical landmark, in Corbett, Oregon but not the spirit of the owner Geoff Thompson, who told CNN.com back in 2008 when a fire almost destroyed this beautiful building then, “It was almost gone so many times before through ruin and neglect.” He continued, “A little fire isn’t going to stop me. Unfortunately, this is a big fire.” Thompson then added that when it came to needing help to fix the Inn, “I can’t do it by myself.”


The View Point Inn is the location where Bella Swan and Edward Cullen’s prom scene was filmed for Twilight - As Lisa puts it from Twilighters Dream, "As Twilighters we must stick together. That includes those special places that are a part of the Twilight family. We want to do what we can to help them."

I for one would love to see The View Point Inn rebuilt not only because its part of Twilight, but simple because it is a historical landmark located in Oregon's breathe takingly beautiful Columbia Gorge. 


If all of us donated just $1.00 each we could help raise enough money for the owners to rebuild The View Point Inn and save one of Oregon's incredible historical treasures for generations of Twilight Fans to come. A pay pal account for The View Point Inn is already in place or you can donate at any US Bank Location.








No comments:

Post a Comment