Welcome to my Corner of the world!
I am a HUGE fan of Life, and other Sparkly things!
I have NO clue what I am doing with my blog, but things are defiantly changing, and it feels
ACA-AWESOME!

#KeepinTheSparkleAlive #FindYourHAPPEE #FindYourSparkle #TeamInnerSparkler #OregonLynn

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Geoff Thompson makes a plea to the President of the USA - Save The View Point Inn

When we visited The View Point on 7.19.2011 we noticed the owners had posted four very large letters on the side of the Inn.  I have finally been able to really read these letters and feel you all should as well.  I attempted to blow them up as best I could for you all to read. 

This first letter is a copy of a, "Thank you for your gift", letter that Geoff Thompson, owner of TVPI, received back from President Obama after Geoff sent him a 911 call for help letter.  Geoff did not send a gift to the Obama's, so ummmm, WTF I say as well with Geoff...
This next one is a letter from Geoff and Angelo.  Its kind of a history/thank you/ sorry letter.
History of The View Point Inn
This is a great read if you are wondering how and why the Inn is so important.  I think Geoff did a great job with what he had.  Like I said in my 7.19.2011 blog post, I am not going to point fingers when it comes to the loss of TVPI and about what the owners should have done, or could have done better or instead of. 
I love the Inn and I want it saved!
History letter continues


Geoff Thompson makes a plea to the President.
Geoff makes some powerful statements in his video message to the President,  and I kind of agree with him. If the banks can get a bail out why can't this small business owner?  Why couldn't he get a loan before his dream had to burn down?   If you read his letters above I think you can get a picture of why he went so broke fighting "big brother" so to speak trying to save his dream. 

I have also posted more photo's of The View Point on our Facebook page Our Twilight Corner if you would like to see them as well.
If you would like to, please visit USBank.com to find a branch near you in order to make a donation to save TVPI.  The account is under "Save The View Point Inn" or go on line to The View Point Inn and donate to their Pay Pal account.

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment